This free guide helps you to come out from Ransomware disaster attack. We also discuss about various tips to eliminate this one malware completely from your operating system or network.
As we know the meaning of term “Ransom”, this malware attack is exploiting the attacked system through warning message, mentioned below:
Do You Know About WannaCry Ransomware?
Experts are hailed that ‘Ransomware’ is the one of biggest malicious virus/malware threat in 21th century across the global. Earlier in 20th century, it was known for spreading ransom-requesting automated attack:
This category belongs to practice of encryption on targeted files among any drive of computer system. Then, these hackers is demanding money to unlock files and folders
By using this malware, hackers are targeting the screens of devices like Smart Phone, PC, Laptops, and tablets to earn ransom from victims.
Current Scenario of WannaCry Ransomware Attack Year 2017
The latest attack of Ransomware is related to the file-encryption causing viruses. This malware attack is going though phases:
Phase 1: Getting Unsecure Email
Hackers are sending emails along malicious code. Sometimes, you can get message like reward program, 100% off, Lottery to retrieve your secret information. During this activity, you can encounter WannaCry Ransomware through bad web page links.
Phase 2: Entrance of Malware on Operating System
Now, your operating system comes under the control of hackers. Then, you will see error or warning message as designed by hacker. It is a 100% verification of the presence of flaws in OS as well as presence of Ransomware code.
Phase 3: Demanding Money from Victims
Now, you will see a ransom message for accessing your locked data files again. This money amount depends on the organization’s data value and privacy. In some case, it can go up to millions dollars. According to sources, they are using bit coins for accepting online money.
Phase 4: Higher Risk for Computer Networks
It is a big disaster for companies who are relying on different computer networks like LAN, WAN, VPN. If a computer of any network receives Ransomware code, then IT administrator should take corrective actions to remove this disaster and protect other nodes on networks.
How can I Remove Ransomware code from Computer?
Don’t panic if you have experienced this malware on your PC. Follow the procedure to remove instances of Ransomware code from System:
#1) Go through Windows Task Manager to Kill Suspected Process
- Use “Ctrl+Shift+Esc” keys together to open Task Manager
- Now, you should identify the location of Ransomware file
- Kill all suspicious instances linked to Wanna Cry virus encryption
- Don’t forget to trash suspicious data files directories
Sometimes, it is not possible to detect Wanna cry Ransomware process. Then, you should go for an advanced malware scan free tool.
#2) Deep Scan to Identify Hidden Files
- Go through folder > Organize button > Folder and Search Option
- Then, click View tab following “Show hidden files and folders”
- Uncheck Hide protected operating system files option
- Then, click on “Apply” and then press “OK”
#3) Locate WannaCry Ransomware virus Location
- Press “Windows” + “R” key together, after Operating System loads
- Type “Regedit” in Run box that appears next.
- Go through the navigate mentioned paths, as per the OS (x86 or x64)
Then, Open the Explorer and navigate to %appdata% folder.
Be careful while editing MS Windows Registry to avoid any data loss in OS.
How Can I Protect My Computer Network and Files from WannaCry Ransomware?
Users should try all below-mentioned to keep malware attack far away from your computer.
- We always suggest to backup or archive latest data files
- Use of any reliable Malware Scan program
- Don’t open Spam or suspected emails from unknown senders.
- You should stop pop-up ads in the browser
- You should avoid porn, crack, and other phishing pages of virus or malware.